[fedora-java] gcj-db directory and merge/update scripts

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 19:07:40 UTC 2005

Lets pin down where we want to put the application .db's that will be
merged into the main gcj db. We are about the make changes to the
Eclipse spec files to take advantage of the new central .db idea.

How about something like:

/var/cache/gcj-db-{gcj-version-no} or something to that effect?

Will them main db go in there, and how should we structure the directory
structure in here to avoid name collisions? I'm presuming we would want
all application db's in there too.

Also we need a script that does the merge in a generic way, that all
spec files can call in %post (to merge their db in with the main db).
How should we write this, and also, where should it be put. Should GCC
own this too?

Just a few things to get the discussion moving, and make some decisions
on these few things.

Regards

Phil