[fedora-java] Re: Oprofiling Eclipse CVS checkout

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed May 18 21:47:54 UTC 2005

Andrew> Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I've been running into the
Andrew> CVS slowdown issue while preparing our talks for GUADEC so I
Andrew> spent a bit more time profiling this afternoon.  I've got two
Andrew> reports (from two independent runs of checking out gnu-crypto)
Andrew> that are pretty similar.  I've attached bzipped versions of
Andrew> them.

These look a bit weird, e.g.:

5384      7.8072  libgcj.so.6.0.0          java::lang::Compiler::Compiler()
5358      7.7695  libgcj.so.6.0.0          __do_global_ctors_aux

But Compiler's constructor is private and, afaik, never called.
And __do_global_ctors_aux should barely show up, I think.

Anthony ran into some problem where oprofile was finding the wrong
symbols.  He upgraded and this was fixed.  I don't know what versions
are affected.

Tom