[fedora-java] jogl package

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue May 24 18:40:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 01:24 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:

> I think we should rename it libgcj-jawt.so.  libjawt-using apps will
> look for $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/i386/libjawt.so which we already have a
> symlink for in java-gcj-compat.

Tom - this doesn't quite work as implemented.

It turns out that jogl does a System.loadLibrary("jawt") which fails
since we renamed the library.

I'm not sure what the best solution is.

If we make libjawt.so an alternative, then it will mess up running non-
alternative java programs.  Maybe we should have stowed it away in a
libgcj specific directory instead of renaming it.

AG