[fedora-java] Enhanced aot-compile script

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 18:31:03 UTC 2005

Gary Benson writes:
 > Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > Gary Benson wrote:
 > > > Also note that while FC5 and the newest FC4 packages call
 > > > rebuild-gcj-db with no arguments, the majority of FC4 packages
 > > > will call 'rebuild-gcj-db /usr/lib' or 'rebuild-gcj-db
 > > > /usr/lib64'.  Any replacement must not choke on this.
 > >
 > > OK.  Is there somewhere an exact description of what arguemnts
 > > rebuild-gcj-db will take?
 >
 > The top of rebuild-gcj-db.in says:
 >
 >   if [ $# != 0 ]; then
 >     if [ $# != 1 -o $1 != @LIBDIR@ ]; then
 >       # emit usage message and die
 >     fi
 >   fi
 >
 > @LIBDIR@ is either /usr/lib or /usr/lib64, depending.

I just came across a nasty problem with all this.

If you build a copy of gcj from CVS it won't pick up the system-wide
database, because that is in /usr/lib/gcj-4.1.0/, not wherever gcj has
been installed.  We need a way to rebuild the database into the right
place for the installed gcj.

Having gcj-dbtool --rebuild in gcj itself will solve this very nicely
because it will rebuild the installed copy, wherever that happens to
be.

Andrew.