[fedora-java] Should non-native Eclipse be noarch?

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 14:11:07 UTC 2005

I am trying to use the Rawhide SRPM to build non-native Eclipse 3.1
packages for FC4.  (I am using the Java 1.5.0 RPMS from JPackage.)

When building with gcj is disabled, this SPEC file sets the BuildArch to
noarch.  This causes the build to fail, because eclipse_arch gets set to
i386 instead of ix86.

I'm not sure what the correct fix is.  Should a non-native Eclipse build
*really* be noarch?  There sure seems to be a lot of platform-specific
stuff in there, and I note that JPackage's Eclipse 3.0.x packages are
i586.

So, I can either:

  * Set the BuildArch to i586 for non-native builds, or

  * Rework the SPEC file to set eclipse_arch to ix86 for non-native
    builds.

Suggestions welcome.  Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net