[fedora-java] Trying to follow JPackage installations per Paul Howath per FC4 for FC5

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Apr 1 01:19:48 UTC 2006

On Friday, March 31, 2006 12:57 PM -0800 Dan Thurman <dant at cdkkt.com> wrote:

> I am trying to get a Java development environment setup and
> I was directed to follow the FC4 jpackage instructions but
> for FC5 and apparently the first thing required was to install
> fedora-rpmdevtools from the extras repository but this file
> is nowhere to be found!
>
> All I got for the list is:
>
> fedora-buildrpmtree     Create RPM build tree within user's home
> directory

Looks like the package must have been renamed, since the next step in
Paul's HOWTO is to run fedora-buildrpmtree to create the RPM packaging
infrastructure for a non-root user. Maybe the renamed package should
include a virtual Provides for the old name.

<http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/JPackage_Java_for_FC4>