[fedora-java] SVN plugin

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Apr 10 18:18:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:45 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 13:24 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > > Any tips/tricks to get this working with FC5 Native Eclipse?
> >
> > Does it not work with the update manager?  I've tried it and it worked
> > fine.  I believe Tom Fitzsimmons and Ben Konrath use it daily.
>
> First thing I've tried, but I picked
>   Help -> Software Updates -> Manage Configuration
>
> There there's only the
>   Add -> Extension Location ...
> under the Context Menu, which is close but not quite....
> Which of course gives the impression that you're in the
> right place but the functionality is not supported!
>
> <rant>
> Not a failing of Native Eclipse, but this entire thing
> is _so_ confusing it's beyond words. WTF designed it?
>   * Why under the Help menu?
>   * Why have "Find and Install..." and "Manage Configuration"
>   * Why can't I manage my configuration (like add stuff)
>     from Manage Configuration?
>   * Why have yet another branch in Find and Install...?
>
> It can easily win a "most confusing interface" contest.
> </rant>

Yes, Eclipse is not always intuitive but with thousands on the
planet using it, thousands are not (yet) complaining, just a few
tens or hundreds and I am one of those that ranted about it but it
does no good to rant about it unless you join the mailing list or
the newsgroups and get involved in the process and make suggestive
comments.  Perhaps you need to add "suggestions" in their bug-list.
I am a end-user and not officially associated with Eclipse.

Kind regards,
Dan