[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Thu Apr 20 20:11:20 UTC 2006

Hello everyone on the list.. I have been working on packaging subclipse,
the Eclipse Subversion plugin in order to add it to Fedora Extras.

After learning how to generate RPMs with the correct gcj compiled
libraries, I am nearly ready to finish it, but I am stuck on a problem
(see
http://www.marcanoonline.com/downloads/fedora/package_submissions/subclipse/exception.log)

The SVNClient class is not found by gij, but when it is ran under Sun
JVM, it is found.

After fixing this. there are only two things remaining, package
ganymed.jar and javasvn.jar as external RPMs and not use the binaries
that are on the subclipse repository (why everyone store binaries on
their repositories.. yuck :-P)

Anyone knows what can be the cause of this problem?. I see that all the
classes and classpath references are ok, even the a process is loading
the correct shared libraries

/usr/lib/gcj/svnClientAdapter/svnClientAdapter-1.0.1.jar.so
/usr/share/java/svnClientAdapter-1.0.1.jar
/usr/lib/libsvnjavahl-1.so.0.0.0
/usr/lib/svn-javahl/svn-javahl.jar

All the packages (SRPMs, RPMS, and spec files) can be downloaded from

http://www.marcanoonline.com/downloads/fedora/package_submissions/subclipse

Thanks in advance
Robert Marcano
マルカノ・ロバート。日本語の学生。

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu/ --recv-key 72A0DCFD