[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Fri Apr 21 12:54:37 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 19:16 -0400, Ben Konrath wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 16:11 -0400, Robert Marcano wrote:
> > Hello everyone on the list.. I have been working on packaging subclipse,
> > the Eclipse Subversion plugin in order to add it to Fedora Extras.
> <snip>
>
> That's great! I was planning to look into packaging subclipse tomorrow,
> but it seems you have a head start on me :)
>
> I don't know off hand why your getting that error, but I do have few
> questions about your general build procedure: First, do you have
> instructions for generating those source tarballs? Andrew Overholt and I
> have been putting instructions for generating these in the comments of
> the spec file. We're hoping that we will be able to share these
> instructions with other distros and documenting these steps allows
> others to reproduce the tarball easily.

I have uploaded two fetch* scripts one to download svnClientAdapter
sources, and the other for subclipse. The scripts also remove a few DLLs
that are on the repository because they will not be needed

http://www.marcanoonline.com/downloads/fedora/package_submissions/subclipse/fetch-svnClientAdapter
http://www.marcanoonline.com/downloads/fedora/package_submissions/subclipse/fetch-subclipse

I think that they can be added to the SRPMs as unused sources

> Next, would you consider using the build procedure outlined here?:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2006-January/msg00060.html

no problem... I will try it

> This would eliminate the need to generate the build.xml's with Eclipse
> and then add them in as a patch. For small projects, this is not a big
> deal, but it would get annoying for larger features or if you had to do
> a lot of packaging. Generating a source tarball would then be a simple
> as checking out the correct tag from cvs, deleting any jars and
> compressing it up. Long term I'd like to get the upstream projects to
> use Eclipse to export source drops that are compatible with this plugin
> builder when they spin a release. This would avoid problem with projects
> that don't properly tag cvs.
>
> The plugin builder is not quite ready yet. My plan is to fix the last
> few problems tomorrow and whip up some test rpms early next week. I'll
> probably start with what you posted if that's ok. If you IRC, I hang out
> on freenode in #fodora-java and my nick is scsibear.

mine is robmv

> Anyway, I hope we can work together on getting this into Extras. I know
> the there are a lot of people waiting for this plugin to get packaged
> up.
>
> Cheers, Ben

Robert Marcano
マルカノ・ロバート。日本語の学生。

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu/ --recv-key 72A0DCFD