[fedora-java] Eclipse broken on Fedora 6?

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 11:04:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:54 +0100, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just found out Eclipse hangs on Fedora 6 when triggering the
> native GTK file open dialog (when using "open file" or browsing
> directories). Happens on GCJ or Sun JDK 1.5 with both Fedora Eclipse
> and eclipse.org versions.
> Anyone familiar with this problem? Suggestions where it should be
> reported?

Might be attempting to run the gtk file dialog from a thread, that
dialog appears to only work reliably when run from gtk's "main thread".
I do a bit of a dance in openoffice.org to spawn the dialog off in a gtk
idle handler to get it run in the gtk main thread and wait for it to
return in the original thread.

C.