[fedora-java] patch to resurrect LD_PRELOAD hack

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 18:56:46 UTC 2006

>> This patch to libgcj would let us resurrect the LD_PRELOAD hack.  The
>> idea is to remove the "pr13212.so" entry from LD_PRELOAD during libgcj
>> startup, to avoid passing this to sub-processes which may not be
>> prepared for it.

Andrew> So no process ever inherits the LD_PRELOAD unless it uses
Andrew> libgcj?  Sounds right.

The way it works is the 'java' wrapper sets LD_PRELOAD, and libgcj
removes this entry.  So, only things invoked via 'java' will get the
preload.

If that still sounds ok to you I'll send the patch to Jakub for
inclusion in the RPM (or on the RH branch, whatever).

Tom