[fedora-java] decoupling libgcj from gcc.src.rpm

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Mon Jun 12 15:27:45 UTC 2006

Andrew> Tom Tromey writes:
>> We should make -findirect-dispatch the default and we should push
>> C++-ABI-breaking changes.  The only difficulty here is that frysk
>> uses the C++ ABI.

Andrew> Why is that an issue?  Surely if we change the default to indirect,
Andrew> frysk will also change.  I'm assuming the frysk build uses whatever
Andrew> the default happens to be...

No, frysk uses CNI, which only "works" with indirect dispatch.
In particular I think if we break C++ ABI in the core, frysk will
break even if it is BC-compiled.

Tom