[fedora-java] Fedora Eclipse plugin problem

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 15:02:56 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-17-04 at 02:07 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:
> While looking for clues, I looked through the plugins using the Help >
> Software Updates > Manage Configuration... tool. A lot of plugins are
> listed as missing so the features that need them can't find them. I
> suppose the reason might be related to installing features after the
> install of Eclipse from fc updates.(?)

Yeah, I think the problem is that the feature validation doesn't take
into account the split install (use of .eclipseextension, etc.).  Ben
Konrath (CCd) would know more about this.

> Does this mean that plugins from eclipse.org and other sites that aren't
> built specifically for Fedora Eclipse won't work, or does this only
> concern Fedora built plugins?

Plugins from elsewhere should function fine in interpreted mode (ie. no
gcj-compiled bits).  If there are bugs, they're either class library
bugs or interpreter (gij) bugs.

I don't think your crashes are caused by the split install.

Andrew