[fedora-java] Fedora Eclipse plugin problem

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 10:17:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 02:07 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:
> Does this mean that plugins from eclipse.org and other sites that aren't
> built specifically for Fedora Eclipse won't work, or does this only
> concern Fedora built plugins?
>
> I guess the answer is no, but... what if I move all plugins to one
> location, either /usr/share/... or /usr/lib64/...?

You should be able to move everything to /usr/share/eclipse but you'd be
on you own if you end up with problems. If you do this I would suggest
that copy rather than move so that the %post scripts don't complain if
they can't find certain files. Also, you should remove
the /usr/share/eclipse/links/ directory so that eclipse doesn't look for
stuff in /usr/{lib,lib64}/eclipse/.

HTH, Ben