[fedora-java] newbie question

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 09:53:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 23:28 +0200, Sander Hoentjen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to package my first java program (JOSM, a tool to use with
> http://www.openstreetmap.org). I got as far as patching it to build with
> fedora's javac, and now i want to create a spec file. Is there a sample
> one available? I can't find one in /etc/rpmdevtools/spectemplate-*.spec

Normally people just use existing spec files as a templates. The jogl
spec file seems like a simple one that should be able to get you
started:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/jogl/jogl.spec?root=extras&rev=1.27&view=markup

Don't worry if you make any small mistakes as the the review process to
get the package into Fedora will catch these things. More info about the
review process can be found in the 'Packaging' section of this page:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

And feel free to post anymore questions you have.

HTH, Ben