[fedora-java] newbie question

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Fri Apr 20 13:32:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 09:43 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Sander Hoentjen <sander at hoentjen.eu> [2007-04-18 17:28]:
> >
> > I got as far as patching it to build with fedora's javac
>
> What did you have to do?

Well the first problem is that there is a file:
public class UrlLabel extends JEditorPane implements HyperlinkListener {

	private final String url;

	public UrlLabel(String url) {
		this (url, url);
	}

	public UrlLabel(String url, String description) {
		this.url = url;
		setContentType("text/html");
		setToolTipText(url);
		setEditable(false);
		setOpaque(false);
		addHyperlinkListener(this);
	}
<SNIP>
the setContentType line causes a null-pointer exception, so I commented
out that line. Of course it should be fixed instead of commenting out,
but without it at least i can test the program as a whole.
What should I do to get this fixed? It seems the bug is in the java
implementation, not the program, right?

Sander