[fedora-java] FOP for F8?

Francis Kung fkung at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 21:13:54 UTC 2007

Hi,

> As Tom mentioned, I have successfully built the latest Batik Beta on
> IcedTea.  I am currently updating the Batik srpm to that version.

There's a bug or two in IcedTea that causes a number of the Batik tests
to crash, which I'm currently tracking down.

> As for FOP, I haven't tried building that on IcedTea yet, as I am trying
> to resolve a bunch of dependencies issues - I need to install many
> packages first.

I just did a build of FOP 0.92 (I had the sources lying around from many
months ago when this last came up); it builds with IcedTea and all the
bundled examples are generated properly.  I haven't tried anything more
complicated, ie combining FOP and Batik to run the entire toolchain,
though.  I also haven't tried using the srpm, so I don't know what
packaging-related tasks are outstanding, and haven't tried building the
newer 0.93 or 0.94.

Cheers,
Francis