[fedora-java] Eclipse error when doing a "Run As" in a java project

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Tue Dec 4 20:48:52 UTC 2007

I'm seeing issues when trying to do a "Run" or "Run As".  I went
through the HelloWorld tutorial to make sure I'm not missing anything,
and at the end of the tutorial when it says:

To run your application, right-click on your class in the Package
Explorer and select Run As > Java Application. The Console view should
appear at the bottom and display the "Hello, world!" output.

There is only "Open Run Dialog..." when I right click on the class and
hover on "Run As".  If I go through and add a configuration under "Java
Application" (and add HelloWorld as the class) or just click the run
button on the toolbar and choose "Java Application", I get the following
error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try
again

What am I missing?

--Tim
/         NEW YORK-- Kraft Foods, Inc. announced today that its board of          \
| directors unanimously rejected the $11 billion takeover bid by Philip           |
| Morris and Co. A Kraft spokesman stated in a press conference that the          |
| offer was rejected because the $90-per-share bid did not reflect the            |
| true value of the company.                                                      |
|         Wall Street insiders, however, tell quite a different story.            |
| Apparently, the Kraft board of directors had all but signed the takeover        |
| agreement when they learned of Philip Morris' marketing plans for one of        |
| their major Middle East subsidiaries.  To a person, the board voted to          |
| reject the bid when they discovered that the tobacco giant intended to          |
\ reorganize Israeli Cheddar, Ltd., and name the new company Cheeses of Nazareth. /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )