[fedora-java] [Q] Autotools Eclipse plugin & build directory

Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI francois-xavier.kowalski at hp.com
Wed Dec 12 22:52:45 UTC 2007

Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Francois-Xavier KOWALSKI wrote:
>
>> Hello fedora-devel-java,
>>
>> I am using the Autotools Plug-in version 0.9.5.2 from your Eclipse
>> update site, from Eclipse 3.3.1.1 + CDT 4.0.1.
>>
>> When creating a new autotools project[1], the CDT build directory is
>> hard-wired to ${project_loc}/build. Changing this value to some other
>> (eg. in my case ${worksspace_loc}/_build) is ignored. As a result:
>>
>>   1. In case a project already has a "build" sub-directory, the
>>      autotools plugin enthusiastically damage the content of this
>>      sub-directory
>>   2. It is not possible to use a single source tree ${project_loc} for
>>      several build-trees (for example to use several combinations of
>>      ./configure options)

Hello Jeff,

Sorry for coming back to you so late: your answer was automatically
sorted to some mail folder... I just rediscovered it :-[

thanks for answering & providing me solutions for both aspects of my
problem. I will take a look at this 0.9.5.3 update as soon as I will
have fixed this !@#$%^ of Eclipse update that keeps trying to locate a
non-existent Europa Update Site.

br.

--FiX

--
Francois-Xavier "FiX" KOWALSKI     /_ __        Tel:+33 (0)4 76 14 63 27
HP OpenCall Software  - EMTS      / //_/        Fax:+33 (0)4 76 14 51 62