[fedora-java] Subclipse, GCJ & JNI

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 20:23:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've recently started using Subclipse for my work on
org.eclipse.linuxtools at eclipse.org.  I had just been working with my
e.o password but today started using my ssh key.  This posed a problem
for me, however, as Subclipse is built in Fedora to not ever use the JNI
JavaHL library.  Without this library, one must use the pure-Java SVNKit
which doesn't allow use of ssh-agent.

The reason the JNI library usage is patched out is because it doesn't
work with gcj.  Or at least it didn't in the past.  Does anyone know if
that has changed?  It would be *really* great to get a fix into an FC6
update or at least make sure it works in Fedora 7.  I see this thread
from July.  Does anyone know what happened with it?

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2006-q3/msg00232.html

Thanks,

Andrew