[fedora-java] Re: [linux-distros-dev] auto-provides and requires for OSGi packages

Ben Konrath bkonrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 04:45:04 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

On a semi-related note, I'd like know what you think about how we should
build these OSGi bundles. Right now I'm thinking it should go something
like this:

* add the OSGi bundle from Orbit as an additional source to the rpm
* build the jar like normal
* extract and inject the OSGi Manifest to the original jar

I whipped up an example of this with jsch from rawhide and attached the
changes as a patch. We might want to include a symlink
in /usr/share/java for the bundle notation that is used Orbit but I'm
not convinced it would be useful at this point. For the Eclipse build
I'm just going to add a symlink to the regular jar
in /usr/share/eclipse/plugins with the Orbit bundle name.

Let me know what you think so that I can commit this jsch stuff and move
on the icu4j package.

Thanks, Ben