[fedora-java] Re: java code coverage tools

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 21:41:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 13:12 -0800, darrell pfeifer wrote:
> Of all the plugins that aren't installed, this is my favorite vote for
> being a part of the core package.

I assume by "core package" you mean the "Fedora Eclipse" yum group?
Don't forget that *everything* is modular in Eclipse so we package
things as RPMs to match the upstream feature sets.  Examples include:

eclipse-sdk matches the upstream SDK downloads
eclipse-platform matches the upstream Platform downloads
eclipse-cdt matches the upstream CDT downloads
... (or at least they *should* :)

In this case, TPTP would become eclipse-tptp and have its dependencies
enumerated properly.  We'd probably need to resurrect eclipse-emf (or
some variant thereof as it's gone through a big re-organization upstream
since I last packaged it) and maybe even some other dependencies of
TPTP.

In all seriousness, I don't have time to commit to packaging TPTP but if
people are interested, I can offer help and guidance.  That goes for any
other Eclipse plugin that people want.  And if someone wants to help but
doesn't have the time or confidence to own something entirely, there are
a lot of base Eclipse SDK issues that need fixing.  Oh, and not to
overwhelm, but it'd be cool to coordinate some of this stuff with the
other distros via linux-distros-dev at eclipse.org.

In conclusion, my door is always open.  And by that I of course mean
that I'll respond to your mail :)

Andrew "apparently I like starting paragraphs with 'In'" Overholt