[fedora-java] Eclipse-epic build fails on ppc and ppc64 for F8 and F10

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Sat Jun 14 19:48:38 UTC 2008

Mat Booth wrote:
> Updating my packages today I'm finding that Java is crashing when
> building eclipse-epic on ppc/ppc64 on F8 and F10 with:
>
> *** glibc detected *** java: free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x10113540 ***
>
> F10 ppc stack trace:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=661999&name=build.log
>
> F8 ppc64 stack trace:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=661990&name=build.log
>
> Strangely, it worked fine on F9.
>
> Is this a known bug?

Certainly not.  It think must have built on f8.

If this is repeatable then I'll have to debug it.  I don't have easy access
to a ppc machine, unfortunately, but perhaps we can work something out.

It's failing inside dlopen(), which is weird.  Do you know if gdb on ppc
has watchpoints?  Or Valgrind?

Andrew.