[fedora-java] Fedora 9: NoClassDefFoundError (LogFactory)

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri May 23 17:45:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

* Greg Johnson <gregjo at yahoo.com> [2008-05-23 12:29]:
> Class-Path: jmx.jar commons-daemon.jar commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar
> tomcat-juli.jar

Ah, Class-Path entries in JAR manifests aren't allowed in Fedora
packages:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Java#head-35dda923a0a2f82c349c3a998edb321da544de33

> In your previous message you suggested filing a bug with the tomcat
> package and/or contacting the JPackage project. Does this new
> information narrow down where I should go next?

Not really :)  I suspect the change will be made at JPackage first and
then imported into Fedora, but since I'm not sure where, I'd suggest
filing a bug and asking on the jpackage mailing list.

No, file against the Fedora package at bugzilla.redhat.com.