[fedora-java] Drop GCJ AOT bits for F11?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 19:49:44 UTC 2008

* Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> [2008-11-20 12:00]:
> I was hoping to be able to keep all arches going with gcj until a
> really first-rate OpenJDK solution was available everywhere.

Do we anticipate this happening before the F11 freeze?  When I asked
this question it wasn't meant as a "let's do it today!" kind of thing
but more a "we need to seriously think about this for F11 now that F10
is basically out the door" :) .

> Sure, the number of users is low, but on lower-performance boxes the
> penalty of not having gcj and gcj-compiled packages available is quite
> severe.

Do we have numbers on this?  I know you are correct but having hard
numbers would be nice.

Andrew