[fedora-java] Drop GCJ AOT bits for F12?

Andrew John Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 18:07:04 UTC 2009

On 18:40 Wed 15 Apr     , Andrew Haley wrote:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:

> >> Lots of progress, not yet ready.
> >
> > At what point do we decide to drop gcj bits regardless of the status of
> > Shark?  (I'm honestly asking here and not trying to troll)
>
> As soon as we want to hurt the people using gcj.
>
> Andrew.
>
> --

Not to mention that some packages perform better with AOT support than with the OpenJDK JIT, like ecj.
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8