[fedora-java] Eclipse/Comps

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 12:54:15 UTC 2009

Mat Booth wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> Seeing the page made me think that the Fedora Eclipse comps group [2]
>>> is terribly outdated. Should we be adding our plugins to this group?
>>>
>> Yeah, we should update it.  Let's discuss potential patches here.
>>

> We should at least include all the IDE plugins in the "Fedora Eclipse"
> group as optionals to make them 'discoverable,' as it were:
>
> eclipse-birt
> eclipse-dtp

I don't like the idea of putting birt and dtp until they are fully
builded.  These packages contain only a small part of birt and dtp (as
needed by valgrind) and until they are fully functional , including them
will cause only confusion in users - I installed eclipse-birt but birt
is not available. Let them be pulled by dependencies only when needed.
If we decide to add eclipse-valgrind (soon to enter rawhide) to the list
this wouldn't matter because it requires them.
> eclipse-egit
> eclipse-epic
> eclipse-photran
> eclipse-phpeclipse