[fedora-java] aot-compile-rpm and bouncycastle

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 19:23:06 UTC 2009

When I build an RPM for a Java application on F-11, the
aot-compile-rpm step is issuing some warnings I don't understand.
They look like this:

WARNING: Error loading security provider
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider not found in
gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:./],
parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}

The application in question does not use bouncycastle, directly or
indirectly.  On the other hand, I do have bouncycastle installed.  Is
something misconfigured?  Should bouncycastle be a BuildRequires for
gcj-using RPMs?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/