[fedora-java] Using Maven in Fedora Koji

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Oct 5 02:21:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 14:07:05 -0400,
  Mike Bonnet <mikeb at redhat.com> wrote:

> Note that deploying this in Fedora would not force any packages to
> change their build process.  If you are happy with your current
> build process, you're free to continue using it.  This is an
> alternative build process available to those packages that would
> benefit from it, primarily Java packages that build with Maven.  The
> existing rpmbuild-based process and the new Maven-based process will
> be fully interoperable.
>
> I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback you have on this before we
> take it to FESCo and the Fedora Packaging Committee.  Though this
> has the potential to increase the number of Java packages in Fedora
> significantly, it could also make packaging Java apps for Fedora
> significantly easier.

This is kind of hypothetical for me, since my java package currently uses
ant. But I am wondering if there will be a maven repo package that allows
one to build a local repo easily? I like being able to do local rebuilds
from tweaked sources. At some future point my upstream might switch to
maven and I am wondering if I'll be able to do local rebuilds easily.