[fedora-java] Help to start contributing

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 14:03:45 UTC 2009

2009/9/3 Rossy Rocs <rossy.rocs at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Andrew.
> Actually I\'m a fresher and unaware of what areas I can work in. I\'m
> really eager to start contributing to, my favourite place, open
> source.
>
> Generally I like to work in backend. Please let me know what areas I
> can work in.
>
> regards,
> Rossy

Most people get involved in Fedora through package maintenance. If
your favourite Java application is not included in Fedora, packaging
it for inclusion in Fedora is an excellent way to get started. See
this link for more information:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Contributing_roles

If you want to do some actual Java coding, then Andrew's advice is
good: Pick your favourite open source project and start submitting
patches directly to them. :-)

--
Mat Booth