[fedora-java] jakarta-commons-lang 2.4

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:27:52 UTC 2009

I maintain findbugs, whose latest version needs jakarta-commons-lang
2.4.  We currently ship 2.3.  The upstream release notes [1][2] claim
that 2.4 has no incompatibilities with 2.3.  On the other hand, I see
that jpackage (5.0) has both a jakarta-commons-lang (version 2.3)
package and a jakarta-commons-lang24 package, but I don't know why.

According to repoquery, these packages currently require jakarta-commons-lang:

directory-naming
eclipse-mylyn
findbugs
jakarta-commons-cli
jakarta-commons-configuration
jeuclid
maven2
maven2-plugin-changes
maven2-plugin-enforcer
maven2-plugin-gpg
maven2-plugin-jar
maven2-plugin-javadoc
openoffice.org-wiki-publisher
plexus-registry

Do the maintainers of any of these packages have any reason why
jakarta-commons-lang should not be upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4?