[fedora-java] Graph APIs does not work on Linux Server.

sj david helpdavid01 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 05:40:54 UTC 2009

Hi Fedora,

     I need your help.

     I Setup the Eclipse IDE & Tomcat server on Fedora 9. I am facing
following problems while enabling graphical APIs on the application:
*1*. I have a running java application with JCharts on Windows which works
fine with Eclipse & Tomcat server. But when I am  trying to deploy the same
on Fedora 9. JCharts are not able to render & I am getting the following
error:
    : "*Gtk Warning: cannot open display*".
If I disable the call to JCharts APIs, My application works fine. Can you
please help me here.

*2*. To overcome this issue, I move to another Chart API: JFreeCharts. I
added the jar in the classpath & also added its java files in the project,
but whenever I am running my application from Eclipse with Tomcat, Tomcat is
not able to  load this JFreeChart class files, saying :

*java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError*

. Please help me here.

Thanks
David.