[fedora-java] Self-introduction - Java QA and Development

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 07:28:55 UTC 2010

Hi and welcome Edmon,

We desperately need more help from the community to keep the Java stack
uptodate. For now these are mainly packaging tasks.
Have you been sponsored as a Fedora packager?
If yes there is a long list of Package review bugs pending in bugzilla - i.e.
you can look for all the aduna-* review bugs in bugzilla and do some of them.
This work is going to benefit KDE search/indexing part. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MaryEllenFoster/SopranoSesame for details.

If you are not a packager yet - it would be nice if you submit a new package
for review in order to become such. There are few ongoing projects with
unpackaged dependencies. And one of them is especially interesting from QA
point of few - AutoQA. Take a look at the following page for detail
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jlaska/gwt . You can package htmlunit or
easymock-classextension and submit it for review.

I'm speaking for packaging only because this is the most outstanding need and
you have offered to help in packaging. :)

Regards,
Alexander Kurtakov