[fedora-java] Introduction

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 13:03:38 UTC 2010

> On Wednesday 14 April 2010, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> 2010/4/14 Alexander Kurtakov <akurtako at redhat.com>
>
> > Hi Guido,
> >
> > There is a wiki page tracking the update.
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MavenUpdate
> > But overall maven in Fedora should be working.
> >
> > It would be better if you can create a similar page like the Maven one to
> > track the state there. We have found that it is way easier if there is a
> > single place where all the info is collected. If you create such a page
> > and you track the needed reviews there I'll try to take some of them
> > whenever there is free time (which happens not very often).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alexander Kurtakov
>
> Thanks for the pointers, i will prepare such wiki page.
>
> Looking at the maven status page, there seems to be a plugin missing:
> maven2-plugin-release. Im pretty sure it was packaged in fedora 8/9,
> has it been retired or what?i cant find it neither in pkgdb nor among
> orphaned packages

Maven release plugin was part of the main maven package in the time of Maven
2.0.4 but it has moved in a separate project after that and noone found the
time to package it. You can find the new project here
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/release/tags/maven-release-2.0/. It
contains both maven-release-plugin and maven-release-manager and they have to
be packaged together.
I'll be more than thankful if you prepare such package.

Alex