[fedora-java] Building against java-1.5.0-gcj-devel instead of java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel

Richard Fearn richardfearn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 17:57:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm building jcip-annotations for x86_64 rawhide using mock on my F14
x86_64 laptop. The package BuildRequires java-devel >= 1.5.0 and
java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel is being installed to satisfy that
dependency.

When requesting a scratch build, such as this one:

java-1.5.0-gcj-devel is installed instead. Anyone know why? I expected
the latest version to be used for the Koji build.

Also, has anyone noticed that the GCJ javadoc produces an empty
package-list file? For example, this recent build of jcip-annotations:

resulted in this rpmlint output:

  http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/32774-autotest/qa02.c.fedoraproject.org/rpmlint/results/output.log

Note the "zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/jcip-annotations/package-list" error. That file
should contain "net.jcip.annotations".

Regards,

Rich