[fedora-java] ant with jdk5

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 18:59:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

> - How to install (from Fedora or JPackage repos) an jaxp_parser_impl.jar / Xerces J2 complied for
> JDK 5m if there is such a thing?

I don't think there is in Fedora.  I don't know about JPackage.

> - If there isn't, where should I change the SPEC from xervers-j2*src.rpm to rebuild it using Sun
> JDK5 or to add target=1.5.0?

You could probably try changing the BuildRequires line on java-devel and
rebuild.  With no target specified, it'll probably build whatever your
javac defaults to (which I thought was less than its version but
evidently not).

> - How can it be that ant runs fine using gij which in theory supports only Java 5, but not with Sun
> JDK 5?

I don't know.  Maybe the targets that are required in your case aren't
used by any Fedora packages which build with gij?

Andrew