[fedora-java] Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Tue Nov 23 10:24:01 UTC 2010

Il giorno lun, 22/11/2010 alle 19.55 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
scritto:

> So today I've had to delete about ten such e-mails on this list.  Not only
> is this a waste of time, but the e-mails appear as bug reports in many cases
> and so get confused with real bug reports that I actually care about.
>
> Please move these automated messages to a separate list.

I second that.

@Chris Spike:

> Hava a look at the meeting logs[1]. IIRC nobody wanted to put some
> work into this. I'm quite sure, people wouldn't mind if you take care.
> Just put it on the meeting agenda [2] and attend the next meeting.

I understand your point, but I think Java SIG doesn't really have the
right to change the behaviour of a list in this way, this was discussed
only by two persons if I read the log correctly, but this decision has
impact on every one who uses this list, and, I don't have time to follow
SIG meetings or take care of anything else, it's quite bad, and I really
would like to dedicate more time, but this is the way it is, and now
this list has become just useless.

Making a new mailing list is cheap, or *if you really have to use this
one*, just make a nice weekly summary, with a clear subject of what's
going on, and don't flood us. This is even in the most minimal
netiquette requirement, if not common sense.

Thanks,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards: