[fedora-java] Issues with maven-ant-tasks / maven-profile

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:57:48 UTC 2011

2011/7/19 Stanislav Ochotnicky:
> Excerpts from Guido Grazioli's message of Tue Jul 19 12:03:17 +0200 2011:
>> it turns also out that one of the needed classes is in
>> maven-error-diagnostics.jar
>> which is provided by maven2 main package; if we want to get rid of maven2
>> completely i think it has to be split in a package on its own
>
> The thing is: maven2 package has been split into smaller chunks.
>  * maven-project
>  * maven-artifact-manager
>  * maven-plugin-registry
>  * maven-monitor
>  * maven-model
>  * maven-profile
>  * maven-toolchain
>
> And of course main maven2 package. We did this to more easily figure
> out what parts of maven2 are still required by our packages. I went
> jar-by-jar as they were needed. Now it seems I'll create another
> subpackage for error-diagnostics. It would be ideal if upstream simply
> got rid of those dependencies or split those parts into separate
> projects, but I won't hold my breath for it.

i've found that maven-artifact and maven-settings could also be included
in that list; the choice to split maven2 in subpackages seems wise to me,
and i see not too much hassle in requiring some specific package instead
of a bigger one. But did you document somewhere which of those packages
are still provided with maven3 (main or subpackage of it)? Would always
be feasible/safe for a package to require maven 3 and one of those subpackages
(ie BR: maven & BR: maven-artifact-manager = 2.2.1 ) ?
Though shipping maven 3.0 and a maven-xxx package built from the maven 2
sources could appear a bit inelegant

Guido

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>