[fedora-java] packaging problem using maven3

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 05:17:44 UTC 2011

On 08:14:06 AM Friday, June 03, 2011 David Nalley wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Disclaimer first: I am a newb to java packaging, so excuse my ignorance.
>
> I am working on packaging a number of java packages[1]. And currently
> on apache-log4j-extras. However, I currently get this far[2].
> My spec file is here[3]. I am certain it is something simple and
> obvious that I am missing. Ohhh this is on F15 btw.

Three problems I see and the problems are in upstream pom.xml:
1. Using old <groupId>ant</groupId> which became
<groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId> since ant 1.7
2. Requiring ant-nodeps which has been merged into ant since ant 1.8
3. Missing BR on ant-contrib whic is completely different project.

Good luck,
Alex