[fedora-java] Help building dcm4che

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu May 12 08:14:43 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 07:10:50 +0200 2011:
> On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 15:08 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> > On 05/11/2011 01:59 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > > Hi folks!
> > >
> > > I'm trying to build an RPM package for dcm4che2[1] for the
> > > fedora-medical SIG[2]. I've downloaded the latest svn, and followed
> > the
> > > packaging spec from the Packaging:Java[3] page. I'm running into
> > some
> > > errors that I don't know how to get around. This is my first java
> > > package. Could someone glance through this and put me on the right
> > track
> > > please? The spec[4] (bare minimum) and the build.log[5] are
> > provided.
> > > The srpm is here[6].
> >
> > Looks like you need the test images, from here perhaps:
> >
> > http://www.dcm4che.org/maven2/org/dcm4che/test/dcm4che-test-image/2.6/
> >

> Aha! But I can't use the jar straight away, can I? I need to package the
> test-images up and then proceed with dcm4che2, right?

Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
-Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
work.

Good luck!

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>