[fedora-java] Help building dcm4che

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu May 12 12:57:31 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Ankur Sinha's message of Thu May 12 14:07:21 +0200 2011:
> On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 10:14 +0200, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > Yes, that's normally the case. In the (perhaps likely?) scenario where
> > sources for test-image are not that easy to find it's possible to
> > -Dmaven.test.skip=true which will not run tests. You might want to
> > first build whole package without tests and then work on making tests
> > work.
> >
> > Good luck!
>
> Hello Stanislav,
>
> Thank you for that :) Sadly though, it appears to not be making a
> difference. :(
>
> This is the build section that I'm using:
>
> %build
> mvn-rpmbuild -X -Dmaven.test.skip=true install javadoc:aggregate
>
> It still fails with the same error:
>
> > The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> > DEBUG:  at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:170)
> > DEBUG:  at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:171)
> > DEBUG:  ... 22 more
> > DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> > DEBUG:  at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:412)
> > DEBUG:  at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultProjectDependenciesResolver.java:164)
> > DEBUG:  ... 23 more
> > DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> > DEBUG:  at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:541)
> > DEBUG:  at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:220)
> > DEBUG:  at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.resolveDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:395)
> > DEBUG:  ... 24 more
> > DEBUG: Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: The repository system is offline but the artifact org.dcm4che.test:dcm4che-test-image:jar:2.6 is not available in the local repository.
> > DEBUG:  at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:352)
> > DEBUG:  ... 26 more
> > DEBUG: [ERROR]
> > DEBUG: [ERROR]
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
> > DEBUG: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
> [...]

Ah, sorry. I should have mentioned you'll have to rip out
depdendencies from pom.xml files for this to work. Files
dcm4che-core/pom.xml and dcm4che-imageio/pom.xml contain mentions of
dcm4che-test-image. This is just a test dependency but unfortunately
Maven doesn't realize that it doesn't need test dependencies when
tests are not run (huh right?).

So in short remove these parts from pom.xml:
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.dcm4che.test</groupId>
    <artifactId>dcm4che-test-image</artifactId>
    <version>2.6</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

FYI you can also stop-by at #fedora-java channel on Freenode. There
should be someone there to help you out most of the time.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241