[fedora-java] Help building dcm4che

Guido Grazioli guido.grazioli at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:57:53 UTC 2011

2011/5/31 Alexander Kurtakov:
> On 11:05:38 AM Tuesday, May 31, 2011 Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
>> Excerpts from Alexander Kurtakov's message of Mon May 30 18:38:49 +0200
>> > I don't think this is good idea at all because AFAIK this will override
>> > whatever is set in the pom even thus breaking projects that have set
>> > everything correctly. Feel free to prove me wrong on this.
>>
>> While I admit that we should probably not touch sourceEncoding,
>> outputEncoding should always be UTF-8 in Fedora.
> Yup, I agree here. I would even say that we need to ask upstream to make it

Actually overriding the settings in the pom file is a bit brute: if i understood
corretly this setting applies to filtered text resources, and having an xml
config file with <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso8859-1"?> would be
allowed: changing the output encoding to UTF-8 could break things; what i had
in mind was adding an inactive profile in settings.xml, to be activated
in the mvn command line when needed.

Cheers

--
Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com>