[fedora-java] Java 7 can't understand some chars

Ismael Olea ismael at olea.org
Mon Nov 21 19:59:58 UTC 2011

Hi:

I've updated OmegaT for F15 and F16[1] without novelty. But compiling in
rawhide showed a strange to me error: «error: unmappable character for
encoding ASCII»[2].

In a first approach the suspects were some strange coded chars (which 1.6
can eat, btw) but after patching them I found in local tests the same error
with the 'ß' letter [3]. The file codification seems to be common UTF-8.

I'm not a programmer at all but this sounds _very_ weird to me. Is anybody
aware if openjdk 1.7 has some bug related with UNICODE or similar? I didn't
find anything like this in BZ. Any other idea?

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=275068
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=3529868&name=build.log
[3] see line 232 at
http://omegat.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/omegat/branches/release-2-3/src/org/omegat/filters2/latex/LatexFilter.java?revision=3760&view=markup#23