[fedora-java] multiple dependencies installed during yum update

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 07:47:53 UTC 2012

Quoting Guido Grazioli (2012-04-29 13:46:39)
> Il 29 aprile 2012 19:44, Johannes Lips ha scritto:
> > I think it would help if you could attach the output of the yum update. So
> > that one could see which package pulled in those deps and if there is
> > something wrong with it.
> >
> > Johannes
> >

> Here is output of yum history info:
> http://guidograzioli.fedorapeople.org/yum-20120429.txt
>
> It seems that update of jetty from 8.1.0-5 to 8.1.2-3 brought in
> jetty-osgi, which in turn requires eclipse-platform, and most
> dependencies were eclipse-platform dependencies.

jetty has been split into several sub-packages, jetty-osgi being the
largest with eclipse dependencies. I believe eclipse-platform Requires
is a bug and/or can be replaced by a different package.

In any case: jetty is being worked on right now. This was a problem of
pulling in jetty-osgi in the first place. I'll fix it in the next
revision with few additional fixes

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241