[fedora-java] eclipse packaging with maven/tycho

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Sat Aug 4 03:09:46 UTC 2012

I'm starting to look into shifting building eclipse-ptp/photran with
maven/tycho rather that pdebuild.  This is being driven by circular
build deps among the various features that make up ptp/photran and the
fact that this is how upstream builds it.

As currently packaged I have quite a lot of sub-packages that break out
the various features.  This was fairly easy to do with pdebuild since
everything was built on feature boundaries.

however with maven/tycho I end up with a single zip file with all the
features and plugins in it making it hard to put the plugins into the
proper sub-package.

Thoughts/suggestions?  Just give up and package it all as one package?

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com