[fedora-java] Thank you all for helping me pass GSOC!

Gerard Ryan galileo at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 25 01:18:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just found out this evening that I passed Google Summer of Code, for
what eventually turned out to be the 'Fedora Java Remix' (hopefully it
will be an official spin soon).

It goes without saying that I wouldn't have had any chance of getting
to the end without the help, support, and encouragement from so many
of you! I'd love to thank everyone individually, but I think we'd be
here all day, since I received help from so many different people!
Special thanks go to Marek Goldmann for being my magnificent mentor;
Mikolaj Izdebski for being so patient and doing SO MANY package
reviews and teaching me so much; Alexander Kurtakov for getting me out
of many Eclipse-related pickles; and Dan Allen for testing,
encouragement and features!
I've benefitted from help from a lot of other people here also: if I
didn't mention your name, don't feel left out - I won't forget it! :)

Dan is now co-maintainer of the spin/remix. If anyone else would like
to get involved in that also, let us know (You're all already involved
to a degree, since it's the hard work of all of you that makes it what
it is)!

If you'd like to try it out, details are available on my blog[0], and
the iso images can be downloaded from [1]. If you already have, and
you downloaded it early in the week, there might have been a couple of
things broken: mainly some custom Eclipse settings not being applied -
those are fixed now in the current iso files.

Of course, there aremany ways that it can be improved, and I'll
continue to try to make it as good as it can be. For now though, I'll
be AFK for a few daysto enjoy the little bit of summer that's left
before I start back at university!

Thanks once again, and I look forward to working with you all into the
future.

Gerard.

[0] http://wp.me/p2vqtW-65
[1] http://ryan.lt/fedora-java-remix/

--
Gerard Ryan :: gerard at ryan.lt :: http://blog.grdryn.me :: @grdryn
PGP Fingerprint: AA11 A666 C98E B6D8 231C 11ED 6EDC 7E4A 62BC 4A15