[fedora-java] Adding Fedora's Tomcat to Eclipse WTP

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 23:15:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm wondering how Eclipse WTP in F17 detects Tomcat installations,
having yum install'd Tomcat 7. When I try to add a new Apache Tomcat
7.0 server via "Ctrl-3, Define a new server" and I enter
"/usr/share/java/tomcat" for the Tomcat installation directory, the
dialog shows an error that an "Unknown version of Tomcat was
specified" and I cannot complete the wizard.

How do I add a Tomcat 7 server to Fedora Eclipse? Do I have the wrong directory?

Mat

--
Mat Booth
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora