[fedora-java] Problem with maven-antrun-plugin task being run with the jre rather than the jdk

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 12:34:58 UTC 2012

Quoting Orion Poplawski (2012-12-04 16:38:00)
> On 12/04/2012 01:07 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski wrote:
> >>     seem to be facing a classic issue with a maven-antrun-plugin task being run
> >> with the jre rather than the jdk and not finding the compiler.  Haven't yet
> >> found the proper fix though.  Any ideas?
> >
> > Java compiler is in tools.jar, you need to add it to classpath of antrun plugin
> > explicitly, for example:
> >
> > <plugins>
> >    <plugin>
> >      <artifactId>maven-antrun-plugin</artifactId>
> >      [...]
> >      <dependencies>
> >        <dependency>
> >          <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
> >          <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
> >          <version>1.7</version>
> >          <scope>system</scope>
> >          <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
> >        </dependency>
> >      </dependencies>
> >    </plugin>
> > </plugins>
> >
> > Mikolaj
> >

> That's already there, although perhaps not in the right place?  See attached
> pom.xml.  Or maybe because the version is too old?

That mapping is in a profile which only gets activated with Sun JDK. This is
wrong. Moving the dependency into proper build/plugins section should solve the
issue. I am not entirely sure why upstream decided to put it into profile. Maybe
something to do with macs? Maybe some fix could be upstreamed too...

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241