[fedora-java] Fedora vs JPackage naming

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Fri Feb 17 09:10:12 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 03:43 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> So the only solution that at least have chances to satisfy our needs is Ivy :).

The point is that something as simple as
%_javadir/<artifactId>-<version>.<extension> probably satisfies 3 out of
4 requirements, and ivy also supports maven artifact patterns (really,
it is just another location, which could be a simple symlink).

So I would agree with you if supporting these crazy builds systems
requires a lot (or even a little) extra work.

But it seems to me that we get support for free (or at least as best we
can, by sticking to the simple flat dir and naming structure above).