[fedora-java] Can we go to Groovy 2.0?

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Thu Jul 5 08:58:27 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 04:26 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
> Sadly to support Gradle new blood is needed as the current
> maintainers are having hard time keeping Maven+friends up to date.

First, gradle requires a bootstrap process with an existing gradle
binary. I believe this is allowed in Fedora.

Second, I had some problems with the bootstrap producing invalid code,
so I came up with a two-stage bootstrap process which semms to work.

If it helps, here is a list of gradle BuildRequires so that you may see
any packages that aren't yet in Fedora. Note that some of these may be
optional if you do not need to package every plugin initially.

ant
antlr
apache-ivy
bnd1